The town Slavicin was metioned already in the year 1256 as a small town and a residency of feudal estate. An interesting point here is a church of St. Vojtech from 13th century, since 1775 rebuilded into today’s Baroque appearance. The church is set on a hump above the town. In the middle of 18th century a three-wing Baroque chateau had been build on a place of original middle age strong-hold. The castle was lately rebuilded into novorenaissance shape. Wealth archeological finding sites have been discovered around Slavicin - such as the area Gradca.